06 March 2008

Anniversary

I know I'm turning into my dad when I say things like: "Remember what we were doing/where we were x years ago today?"

So dad, this one's for you.

One year ago was my first full day in Londontown. I boarded an Air India flight in South Bend with 4 checked bags and 2 carry-ons last March 4. I'll not be flying Air India again but that's a different story. I arrived into Heathrow the next morning and took a $150 taxi ride to the Chelsea Cloisters in South Kensington. After a quick nap I came to work. At the time my colleague Oliver was the sole employee of our UK office. The office has since grown to 5 and we've moved to a bigger office; we're expanding and moving again in April. I moved from South Kensington to Angel and then most recently to Shoreditch. This blog's one year anniversary is coming up in a few days. It was a good year. Great year actually.

To summarize how you contributed, let's take a look at my guestbook:

With me
Anisa
Alan
Alex (2x)
Ashley
Ashok
Conor
Glenn
Julie
Kara
Lorraine
Matt
Nate
Nathan
Sang
Travis
Anyone else I missed who came to visit or at least stopped through for work or otherwise

Against me
Everyone else including most of my college friends
The Man

Don't let The Man keep you down.

No comments: