15 July 2008

My time of the month

Edinburgh was lovely, as usual.

Just before I went I treated myself to a Turkish barbering and shave at the Ted Baker store down the street from our new office.

This is how it went down:

  • They washed my hair.
  • Cut my hair.
  • Dried my hair.
  • Hot towel & face wash.
  • Application of shave oil.
  • Professional straight razor shave, Turkish variety.
  • The flaming treatment -- singeing of fine hairs on ears and cheek bones.
  • After shave moisturiser.
  • Second hot towel.
  • Face, back and arm massage.
  • Final moisturiser.
I felt amazing afterward and have decided that I will do this every month. I literally looked 5 years younger when I left. And since I already look 5 years younger than I am, this was almost a problem.

Mom, did I always look young? Like when I was 5 did I still look like I was zero?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a (moving) picture is worth a thousand words: http://www.efebarbers.com/turkishshave.htm

the prices are surprisingly reasonable! bet this would be $150 in ny.

jeff from the youesa

kyle said...

and how many ted baker bucks did that put you back? the equivalent of your rent?

yes, i remember being 1.5 and thinking you were just born, only to be told you were 5.