23 November 2008

Feast or famine

I'm starting to realize that I've entered a strange routine that rotates between periods of uber productivity, as characterized by things like:

- nonstop travel
- social hyperactivity
- not sleeping much at all
- eating meals at irregular hours
- spending lots of cash

... and extended periods where I fail comprehensively at being a human being:

- sleeping in, then waking up but staying in bed until I fall asleep again, only getting up eventually so that I can enjoy a nice afternoon nap on the couch
- can't be bothered to see anyone really
- not eating anything that can be classified as a complete meal
- spending 40 pence on a hard-boiled egg on my only trip out of the flat

Part of it is the cold, part of it is the darkness, part of it is that I'm getting soooo old. Good old London winters.

2 comments:

kyle said...

i guess i'm getting old too, then.

Anonymous said...

Organized life is over-rated. At least you've got two different types of routine-like cycles, not just one, and you don't seem to understand them anyway. That's living life as it comes... Hard boiled eggs from the Beigel Shop: That's living life on the edge!