24 April 2009

Youth in Asia

I love it when I come up with the perfect title immediately. Had I done this post a year from now, I'm not sure I would've been able to qualify as youth, but then again last night the waitress at my restaurant guessed that I was 15 years old and a son to my work colleague.

So I'm in Hong Kong, the land of literally named buildings. For example:

Central Building
Commercial Building
Newish Building
Greenish Building
Adjoining Building

Some of the districts are also helpfully, if not creatively, named. For example the central district is called:

Central District

Some of the restaurants have practical names as well:

Vegetarian Restaurant
Quite Good Chinese Restaurant

Loving it here. Lots of energy in this city. Good old Honkers.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Make sure you check out the escalator system in the midlevels...