10 July 2012

Ponyriding on volcanos

I once read that real men should only walk or run. There is apparently no dignity in skipping or half-running or crawling or limping or speed walking. And I mostly agree that those are not ideal.

Horses of courses have more well defined gears: they walk, they trot, they canter and they gallop.

But not all horses.

Icelandic horses are very small. Perhaps in an effort to compensate, they decided to do more. So they learned to tölt, and some even learned to do the flying pace. The flying pace! It's like the human equivalent of parkour.

6 gaits! Or 5 if you lump cantering/galloping into one gait, which to me just seems petty.

Well done Icelandic horse.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great article, totally what I wanted to find.

My webpage :: contact