19 October 2008

Cairo live: walking and smoking like an Egyptian

I'm walking like an Egyptian because I rode a camel for an hour and a half too long (total riding time: one hour, 48 minutes).

I'm smoking like an Egyptian because even on vacation I continue to inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide as part of a process called eupnea. Apparently just breathing in Cairo is equivalent to smoking two packs a day. The haze/smog/fog really is unbelievable. After a while you only start to notice when it's not there and you can actually see the facade of buildings just across the Nile.

Good times though -- Brad and I survived a taxi ride to Giza yesterday. Saw the pyramids. Looked at some mummified cats and monkeys.

Seriously though camel riding is not advised. I could've stuck with it and been in Libya by Tuesday, but even THAT prize wasn't enough to keep me at it (I hear Libya is wonderful this time of year).

No comments: