03 February 2009

Bon Hiver

I have two new pet peeves:

1. Wearing ski boots.
2. Walking in ski boots.

Apart from those parts, I had a great weekend in Val d'Isere (French Alps) learning how to ski. I was ok. I didn't embarrass myself but I also didn't really put it all together until the last few runs of the 3rd morning (my last day on the slopes). I never imagined I'd be so cautious.

Skiing is just one of those things, like language and swimming, that's good to learn early in life. And so I'm happy to pass blame on to my parents. Then again, we lived in Indiana.

Thankfully it's never too late to learn how to Apreski and I didn't even require a lesson. Same goes with Raclette eating.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Actually those two pet peeves should be combined into one, and then #2 should be:

2. skiing uphill.

that's the worst thing EVER.

that is all.