04 June 2008

Basta ya!

I'm learning Spanglish. Again, but also for the first time. Sure I aced two years of it in high school but that never got me far.

I'm learning it in two ways:

1) via a Coffee Break Spanish podcast.
2) via a book and CD that I purchased in the Boots pharmacy.

I'm taking both "courses" concurrently. They're both pretty much on the same trajectory and it's been interesting to see the different methods. The podcast is done by a Scottish guy with a thick Scottish accent. I hope that means I'll speak Spanish with a Scottish accent.

If someone wants to send me a pirated copy of the Rosetta Stone for Spanish, that would be cool. I think I'd learn more if the language instruction related to pictures of Brad Miller looking awkward while doing everyday tasks and being paid $5 an hour.

No comments: