24 June 2008

Once in a lifetime everyday

When I lived in small-town USA, if a great band or event was coming to town, it was too much to pass up. You had to go. Maybe it wasn't once in a lifetime but at the least it was once every few years.

In London things are different. There are once in a lifetime things everyday. But that doesn't mean I look at things in a new light: I still have to go.

Once in a lifetime things I'm doing this week:

1. Seeing Sigur Ros play in Westminster Central Hall!
2. Seeing Radiohead play at Victoria Park, within walking distance of my flat!
3. Seeing Ricardo Villalobos at Fabric with my friend Bernardo who happens to be in town the same weekend and is a huge Villalobos fan (ok maybe he planned it that way)!

So great. Except for the being broke part.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we can meet up in public life