09 August 2008

er/uk in and around the kitchen

Unless I'm staring into an open fridge looking for a quick fix or pouring a bowl of cereal, I'm not often found in the kitchen. Other people enjoy grocery shopping, planning and preparing for meals, cooking/baking, setting the table, cleaning up, washing dishes and packaging up leftovers in assorted tupperware more than I. So I say -- let them! My energies can be better spent enjoying their hard work and paying them for it, which enables me to more time to do the things that I like and am good at.


My longest stretch out of the kitchen occurred when I first moved to London and proceeded to eat out 2-3 times a day for 3 straight months.

That said, today I made myself spirally pasta with pesto sauce. It was fairly good! A bit salty. And there was no one to blame but me.

No comments: