06 August 2008

Ok I probably can't do a backflip

Thanks, siblings, for reminding me of my failure to do a flip throw without breaking a clavicle.

You both played important roles.

Monica -- you were playing in a volleyball game that evening. And since mom wanted to see it (and didn't believe that I was actually hurt), she left me on the couch, hungry and broken, to go to your match. Hours later, when she returned to find me in the exact same position on the couch, she must've started to believe that maybe I was really in pain. Because after that it was only 3 more hours until she agreed to take me to the emergency room.

Kyle -- I can't think of a specific act of kindness from you, but you were such a thoughtful little brother I can't imagine you didn't do something to increase my burden.

Bless us, everyone.

No comments: