15 September 2008

I think I think

Friends, comrades, lovers: it's been too long. I have so many things on my mind these days and I should really be blogging about them separately.

But I'm lazy so here's the list:

1. Sarah Palin -- so many frustrations. Originally I thought she might be a legit pick. After seeing her stumble through a gimme interview I can honestly say that if McCain is elected we'll be getting the presidential duo we deserve. Politics will have officially gone the way of American Idol. It's somehow not cool to be thoughtful or informed anymore. It's better to be memorable and instinctive. I'm sad.

2. Paralympics -- On the one hand it's inspiring. I watched wheelchair tennis and a few swimming events, volleyball ... on the other hand it seems like there are a lot of unfair matchups. I watched 7v7 football and the team with the 'lesser' disabilities won easily. It's tough for me to watch and enjoy something if it seems unfair. Maybe it doesn't matter. If you haven't already, please also watch a game of Goal Ball and let me know your impressions.

3. Parents -- mine are in town. They're adorable. They keep wearing cargo pants and new shoes purchased especially for this trip. I also go to bed approximately 10 hours earlier when they're around.

4. Fondue -- Seriously? Bread and melted cheese for dinner? For 50 francs? Fondue? More like fondon't. We fondidn't.

5. Swiss cheese -- No dad, they have other kinds of cheese there too [Switzerland].

Give the people what they want:

6 comments:

kyle said...

not specific enough for me: are dad's new shoes vans? or maybe they're tony hawk's new skater shoe line? these are the essentials, brother.

Anonymous said...

Hey!! I can't tell, is that Peter King blogging over there...and no mention of Brett Fav-ruh? For shame...

Unknown said...

some kind of hiking boots? i guess his skater phase has passsed.

Anonymous said...

Why are there no pictures of said shoes and cargo pants? You're either slipping or becoming a lazy blogger. A good Glenn vacation shot just might be what you need to get your readership to skyrocket.

Unknown said...

See attached.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I'm guessing people don't mistake him for a swede?