17 September 2008

Taxes schmaxes

I was just thinking about taxes after reading this article ... http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/11/news/economy/candidates_taxproposals_tpc/index.htm ... and also having recently visited Sweden where tax rates are top in terms of %, yet everyone seems to be happy, looked after and incredibly well dressed.

[PAUSE AS ER/UK WALKS OVER TO NEARBY HIGH HORSE AND GETS LEG UP AND OVER SADDLE]

My stance: taxes are fun to complain about, but really, if you're reading this blog, you're rich, and complaining about your forced monetary contributions to society at any level is a bit petty.

I've had some conversations about The Economy lately with friends and family, and although I do have an opinion, if I sit back and consider things from a macro perspective, I can't quite convince myself that these things matter. This isn't to say that economic struggle in the US and across the developed world isn't real, it's just to say that when so many opportunities are afforded to such a select few, it seems silly to compare basis points.

[ER/UK DOES FLYING DISMOUNT FROM HIGH HORSE, FALLS FACE-FIRST INTO STABLE YARD, PICKS SELF UP, PICKS TEETH UP, THEN AMBLES BOW-LEGGED TOWARDS TOMORROW'S BLOG]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your world view - makes me proud of you, son.
Mom