04 December 2008

*Ah, we laugh

A colleague pointed me to research which shows that children smile/laugh an average of 400x per day, while adults smile/laugh an average of 14x per day.

Age brings responsibility, responsibility brings stress, blah blah blah. Children judge their surroundings not by layoffs/bailouts/politics/terror alert levels but by the immediate availability of food, shelter, freedom, napping, and love -- things we ultimately still (most likely) have in excess as adults.

With that in mind, I defy you to watch the following clips with a straight face.







And this one is the absolute best.



I think I'm becoming Oprah.

*I couldn't remember where this quote came from. I was thinking it had to be from a movie -- then I remembered that it came from a former co-worker. He was called into the bosses office on a Friday afternoon. As he walked by my desk I said, jokingly, "Nice working with you." On his way back past my desk several minutes later he said "Ah, we laugh." Then he packed his belongings into a box and disappeared forever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

xxxx xxx Eric!!! Can't I at least go two days in a row being a cynical and miserable git?

As for the last one, the most priceless moment is at :14 when he first gives the look. It's like he turned the switch off and then on and then immediately off as he bursts into laughter.

Unknown said...

A personal favorite:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13947426@N07/2418995621/

If activities like this were on my daily agenda, I'd be all smiles.

Anonymous said...

It was great until you ended with a story about a coworker getting canned and spoiled it. Thanks for nothing.

Anonymous said...

You need to spend more time with your nephews--they are always doing funny stuff.
M