02 December 2008

The best two albums I bought last Monday

I was 2/2.

The Acorn- Glory Hope Mountain
www.theacorn.ca
Canadians, eh? I've already described them as a poor man's Fleet Foxes. A bit more mellow and not so focused on harmonies, but more reflective and I like the storytelling angle of the album.

Ladyhawke - Delirium
www.ladyhawkemusic.com
Aussie chick. Loves cats. Loves the synth. Might as well be a Lauper reissue from the 80s. Really listenable the whole way through. Lots of catchy hooks. Happy music. Cut Copy for girls.

7 comments:

jeff said...

thanks for looking out for us er/uk.

you ARE going to see ms. ladyhawke tonight in brixton, right?

kyle said...

good call on ladyhawke. listening for the first time. still don't have the acorn though. i'll have to try and get my hands on that.

Unknown said...

missed ladyhawke tonight unfortunately. had a friend's bday. needed to be there to buy her that last shot that she didn't need.

jeff said...

yes, thats an important role.

do you sometimes feel like your brother, oliver and i are your only commenters? maybe we just have a hard time keeping our mouth shut.

Anonymous said...

I had to include a comment here to 'keep up appearances'

Unknown said...

other commenters come and go, but you guys, my cousin nathan, my siblings monica and kyle, my friend brad, and that crazy bad spelling neocon will always be in my heart.

My friend andrea used to consistently comment, but maybe she's discovered gawker or some other far-superior blog.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I comment . . . sometimes.