06 March 2009

A window into my world

7:39 AM me: you up?
no idea what time it is in denver...

5 minutes
7:45 AM me: it's 9.44pm there. if you're in bed, i'm embarrassed
7:48 AM Brad: hey man, it's so late there, I'm ebarrassed for you
me: i'm in africa, it's 8am
[jerk]
Brad: where are you now, Tanzanier?
ha
me: ebarrassed
Brad: how is it, just as you left it?
me: is that some new online catchphrase?
7:49 AM it's great here
Brad: snyder and kristy still there
what have you all been doing
me: they're on safari
sarah [last name removed to protect the innocent] too
Brad: elitists
me: so i haven't seen them yet
Brad: you with Nate and Julie?
me: we meet them tonight in zanzibar
yeah
7:50 AM and krabill is arriving imminently
Brad: [gosh], how many vacation days do you get?
Krabill is coming too?
me: and maybe thad is stopping by
Brad: [wow]
[WOW]
me: he was landing 4 minutes ago
Brad: Maybe [a mutual acquaintance we don't like]?
five bucks says he is not on the plane
me: [the mutual acquaintance we don't like] showed up but was turned away
the thad thing is the funniest
7:51 AM Brad: do you know if he actually made the flight
me: he's in malawi for something
Brad: naturally
me: thad?
i don't even know if he has a flight
he may meet us in zanzibar this weekend
Brad: ha
sweet, zanzibar!
me: yeah, can't wait
7:52 AM Brad: how long you there?
me: chilling at nate and julie's flat is fun though too
Brad: what a [really great] trip
me: they have a chef and a housekeeper
Brad: tell em hello for me
me: got here yesterday at noon. next friday i fly to doha.
then back to london on sunday
Brad: how long are you in Doha?
me: i'll tell everyone you said hey
2 nights
just a long layover
Brad: go to the souq
me: a long, soulless layover
7:53 AM you been there?
Brad: yeah
pretty sweet
me: where should i stay?
Brad: when do Nate and Julie come back?
I stayed at the Marriott
they have a good brunch for $50
me: yeah everything seems pricey
Brad: not in Tanzania though
7:54 AM me: n&j come back in july
to philly
Brad: eat [food] for cheap
me: i had a good [non-alcoholic beverage] last night for 60 cents
half liter
Brad: I'm going to sarasota in a few weeks, which is kind of like Tanzania
60[expletive]cents
7:55 AM me: it's not as cheap around here as it was 10 years ago though
Brad: are they coming to Denver for Harf's wedding?
me: it's boomtown
all the [three ethnic groups who are investing heavily in africa] apparently
if they get invited they will
Brad: I'm sure they'll be invited
if not, they should come anyway
7:56 AM me: in doha, should i stay at one of the big hotels? book in advance?
Brad: It's all big hotels, stay at the Marriott, you'll get your own beach
7:57 AM there are probably smaller places, but it's kind of like Dubai in that it is expensive and wealthy
me: and pool?
Brad: Pool was being remodeled, but is probably done by now
they work fast
me: nate and julie said they heard you never socialized anymore.
7:58 AM told them that was your last phase
Brad: it's true, but the rebirth is coming
kind of like shedding my skin, when the new skin comes in, I'll be [deleting this because i'm not sure if it was a typo or actually just really offensive] again
me: that's funny -- i told them i was expecting a continued renaissance from you
7:59 AM i think i even might have said the word reborn as well
Brad: Now I'm just an old boring white guy
let's just say I'm about to get a lot younger
if you catch my drift
me: gross
8:00 AM i'm nearly 29
if you catch my drift
Brad: oh yeah your b day is next week
celebrate by [common sense tells me to delete this]!
me: yeah sunday
give the cell phone a ring and i'll pass you around
Brad: the last of an era
I'd call your cell, but all I have is the rick roll number [call me anytime on (772) 257-4501!]
8:01 AM what is your number
me: unless we're playing rook -- then just leave a voicemail
[not going to post my number on the internet]
Brad: cool, I'll give a call
me: or just call kristy or snyder
Brad: they are americans dude
their phones don't work abroad
8:02 AM me: 3G buddy
kristy has been texting
or maybe they got a phone here
pay as you go
8:03 AM Brad: post some pics on facebook, and tell nate and julie to get on facebook
I hear Nate never socializes anymore
he just hangs out on the corner with witch doctors
me: i gave julie a demo of fb yesterday
she was wowed
Brad: she'll be on in now time
she loves social capital
did I just say now time
8:04 AM it's sooo late here
me: postmodern academic
it's a whole new paradigm
8:07 AM me: i'll check it out
was trying to find the link to this thing i looked at the other day -- 99 things to see on the internet [http://youshouldhaveseenthis.com/]
Brad: have fun man, I'm going to bed soon...jess went to bed at 8:30
Oh yeah, I saw that too, love the fail blog
8:08 AM me: how do you do it brad
and still go to bed before 10pm
Brad: cultural capital
me: good talk
Brad: take care
me: sleep easy
Brad: have fun
me: kwa heri bwana
8:09 AM Brad: at least watch the video of the dog sleep walking

3 comments:

ben wideman said...

what a conversation. thanks for sharing!

Bee Rad said...

My lawyers will be contacting you.

Anonymous said...

"Good talk!"??... really Eric?
G