02 October 2007

Oktoberfest by the numbers

I'm leaving tomorrow for Munich by way of Salzburg and will be there for the closing weekend.

- There are 14 main tents, each with a unique beer/wine offering. Most have traditional brass bands playing throughout the day and night. And some of them have yodelers.

- 12,000 people work there. 1,600 of them are those are barmaids that can carry 12 steins at a time as well as beat me at arm wrestling.

- There is seating for 100,000 people.

- In 2006, 6.1 million mugs of beer were sold.

- You can also eat food there. Last year 102 roasted oxen were consumed, along with 219,443 pairs (?) of sausage and 459,279 chickens.

I'm going to meet up with my good friend Sebastian who I haven't seen for 4 years or so. He's German, from Germany. The real thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, just change your name to Stein and let them carry you around. Again, wish I was you. Travel safe.