10 October 2007

Things I've lost, or nearly lost

Last week I lost my woolie. It's the second woolie I've lost since moving to London. And then in Salzburg I lost my scarf.

Here's the complete list of things I've lost recently:
1. My gray woolie. It fell out of my pocket somewhere. It was a bad idea to put it in my back pocket.
2. My gray and blue striped scarf. Left it in this Argentine girlscout's backpack.
3. My brown woolie. Left it on a bus. It was a bad idea to fall asleep on the bus.
4. Some money. From when I got scammed on that Arsenal season ticket. It was a bad idea to wire money to Singapore.
5. My flip-flops when I was in Portugal. I left them on the beach and then it got windy and the sand covered them up and I couldn't find them.
6. Several pairs of sunglasses and gloves.
7. My entire Rickey Henderson baseball card collection. For a bunch of Shawn Kemp basketball cards. Bad trade.

Here are things that I thought I lost but really just misplaced:
1. This really soft t-shirt with a lion-shaped silhouette. I saw a picture of myself wearing it, which reminded me that I once wore it often. But then I looked for it and couldn't find it. So then I accused my ex-girlfriend of stealing it (she was in the picture), but she denied any wrongdoing. She was vindicated when I found it at the back of my closet. It's still really soft.

Here are things that I haven't realized I've lost yet:
1.


Tomorrow: pictures from Salzburg! and Munich!
Later this week: how I just found out that one of my best friends was hit by a car (he's okay) and why that means we should all tell the people that we love that we love them more often.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

I got knocked off my bike by a pick up truck earlier this summer. It made me mad.