24 October 2007

Silly Gringos

As you know, my parents were in town. And then we were collectively out of town on a pretty grueling road trip through Italy. And then they continued on to Belgium and Holland before returning to London, while I came home and recovered from walking 10 miles or so per day.

They're good fun, those two. There is nothing pretentious about them, which is something I've always admired. But that may lead to the occasional bad joke and some silliness that aggravate the French. Thankfully we were in Italy.



Good old dad. He lost a bet in Cinque Terra and had to dress in drag for one day. He looked good in a skirt.



For being a teetotaller, he sure does look drunk in a lot of pictures.



Bless them. I miss 'em already.

P.S. I'm out of town from tomorrow through Monday night, on business in Paris and Geneva. I added some pictures to my London, aye? and I walked 500 miles posts to keep you occupied during my absence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're lucky you waited till he went home to post those pictures! He may not be pretentious, but everyone has their limit! :) At least he can take comfort in knowing that you will likely carry on the torch for him some day . . . drinking will only be an excuse for bad pictures for so long! Glad you had a good time with them! Wish I could take the same guided tour!

Bee Rad said...

One of your best posts ever!