10 April 2008

I almost went to quiz night

On Tuesday. Normally I'd refuse to go given my history of being absolutely awful at quiz nights.

The last time I went was in January with Kyle and Conor in New York. We were at some gimmicky pub (New York is saturated with these) where if you bought a drink, you got a free pizza. Whatev.

We proceeded to miss almost every question. Our morale wasn't helped by the Kiwis next to us who got every question right. The real backbreaker was when they knew the name of the kicker who missed the field goal to win Super Bowl XXV and we didn't. (SCOTT NORWOOD!) The fact that he grew up in the same town as Conor and went to University in the same town as me didn't help our confidence anymore than the fact that the Kiwis had likely never seen an American Football game.

This isn't to say that I don't know a lot of random stuff that could potentially be quiz material. I do. I just need a Cliff Clavin/Jeopardy situation to play out.

And maybe that's what will happen when I make my way to the Frog and Forget-Me-Not Tuesday Quiz Night sometime soon.

No comments: