17 April 2008

What to eat for May Bank Holiday #1

One of two. They are not referred to by anything other than "May Bank Holiday". I get off work for both. And for each I hope to go on a quick weekend getaway or "Holiday".

For the first I was planning to go to the country of Africa, specifically the region of Tunisia. But I waited too long to book and fares quadrupled and it doesn't appear that I'll be eating tuna there any time soon.

I'm disappointed because I really want to be warm and in the sun during those days. Tunisia provides those sorts of activities.

Now I'm choosing between Croatia (which I had hoped to save for the summer), the Greek Isles, Istanbul, Malta, Cyprus, Mallorca, San Sebastian (might not be warm enough), Morocco (already been), Lagos (of the Algarve ... not the kind where you can learn to 419 silly Anglos), and Ischia.

I think Istanbul is the frontrunner. I love a good turkey club.

2 comments:

kyle said...

i mean... ischia. beautiful, relatively cheap (30 euro day spa at poseidon gardens), and it's a great time of year to go.

Unknown said...

i do want to hit up ischia, and i will at some point. need to get some tips from you before heading there. i ended up booking istanbul which is supposed to be fantastic as well.