02 December 2007

Today I was worthless

I didn't do anything today. Waste of a day. Not sure what the reason was behind my complacency.


This frustrates me even while it's happening, and I'm sure many of you have the same moments of clarity even while somehow simultaneously knowing that you probably won't do much to change the course. There's more to the elephant/rider analogy than I'd like to believe.

What I really want to do in life is to do something great. So today I should've worked towards that. I feel as though I've been blessed with a lot of diverse talents, and to this point I've done a reasonable job of cultivating a lot of them partially.

For instance, I think I'm pretty good, but not great, at the following things:

1. My job.
2. Writing a blog.
3. Most sports.
4. Singing.
5. Playing instruments.
6. Dancing (debateable).
7. Being memorable.
8. Being spontaneous.
9. Being kind.
10. Being generous.
11. Being confident.
12. Being a friend.

So I'm going to start focusing more and working towards bringing one or several of these up a level. To greatness (as defined by me).

Starting tomorrow.

No comments: