24 January 2008

Phlat

As I mentioned yesterday, I think I found a flat. And I'm more excited about it than I made it sound.

Why?

Location.Location.Location.

It's at the top of Brick Lane, the bottom of which is full of Indian/Bengali curry houses. As you head north you escape delicious and affordable curry and arrive at coffee houses, a Swedish diner and apparently London's best "Beigal" shop. Then there's my place. Keep heading north and you'll get to Bethnal Green Road and Shoreditch, which is a Brooklyn-ey area where all the cool kids hang out. Lots of good food and music and ... pretty girls.

If you go in a different direction from the flat you'll walk through Spitalfields market, which is a classic English market surrounded by boutique stores and great breakfast and brunch spots. Keep walking and you're in the City, which is where I work. So I can walk to work in 20 minutes. Or bike in 10. Or skateboard in 30 (it would actually take me longer because I don't know how to do it).

Hopefully moving in next Sunday and I've got plenty of room for houseguests, announced or otherwise.

There's a giant picture of Bruce Lee on the wall that comes with the place.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just dont end up like this...

http://bp1.blogger.com/_6UzdmF8O-Oo/R4EnAcORsgI/AAAAAAAAFyE/Ck_dE2eHIas/s1600-h/IMG_8232.jpg

As I understand it, you are on your way.

jeff

kyle said...

how does jeremy not get a birthday post?

Anonymous said...

No Kidding!
J's mom