14 January 2008

You like dags?

In the three weeks since I left town, I completely forgot what it was like to live in London. And it actually didn't feel like I lived here at all when I was wandering the streets of Goshen, New York or Charlottesville, respectively. Or Chicago or Philadelphia. Or Goshen again. Respectively.

But now that I'm back it seems like I still belong. Except that I don't have a flat -- which is something I didn't really think about all too much until I was on the plane back. I got off the plane, rushed through immigration/customs, grabbed my checked luggage, jumped on the Heathrow Express, rode back into town and... realized I didn't know where I was going because I didn't have anywhere to go.

So I came to the office.

I oftentimes dress like one, but this week I'm really a hobo. Or pikie. Brad Miller once wrote a Top 20 Things To Love About Gypsies list. People thought it was generally very funny unless they were from anywhere in Europe, in which case they were just offended.

No comments: