16 February 2008

I'm too old for html

My website is coming along pretty well. 


And by coming along I mean I copied someone else's code (thank you www.conorwelch.com) and simplified it down to the level of code they're teaching in first grade these days, so that my site consists of one line of code. Or it would except that I haven't managed to figure out where/how to save/post the .html file in my ftp directory so that it actually generates to the site. Instead if you go to my site you just see the code. The fact that I don't really understand what I just tried to say or what any of the acronyms I used actually mean might be a reason why. 

I don't know if I can do this. I think I might be too old.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

usually your main page needs to be saved as index.html
Here's my favorite online resource for learning a whole bunch of programing languages, HTML among them.
http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp
email me if you need help.
your ending tag should technically be /html not html but a lot of times that doesn't matter.

Anonymous said...

we should note that SJS is older than er/uk :)
MJS