18 September 2007

Where are your friends tonight?

I moved to London in March.

In March I had no friends.
In April I met all the people who live in London that my friends in the States know via little awkwardly arranged plutonic blind-date scenarios.
By May I started to accumulate a list of folks that I could call to hang out with during the weekends.
In June they started calling me back.
In July I stopped calling them back.
In August I traveled a lot and so didn't really hang out with anyone.
When I came back in September they were all leaving town or had already left.
So in October I'm going to start kickin' it with my parents again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My only comment can come from those inspiring words of Northern Rock's CEO when I say: "Bloody Hurrah" to that!

Anonymous said...

it's not like you can't find some other friends...

Unknown said...

Who are you "anonymous"?! It's not as easy as one would think here in Londontown (although it's also not as hard as I'm letting on).

Anonymous said...

i just moved here. and randomly found your site. but anyways, most people i have met at pubs/clubs so far have been "dodgy." any recommendations?