13 May 2008

Rein gigs

Went to a show last eve and saw some bands -- Hot Chip, Feeder and The Zutons. It put me in that mood where I want to go to a lot of gigs in a short amount of time. So I am.

Thursday: Stag & Dagger festival (new Shoreditch area music festival with 100 bands and DJs)
Saturday: Fanfare Ciocarlia (Balkan band playing at the Brighton festival)
Sunday: Bon Iver
Monday: The Most Serene Republic
Tuesday: Jens Lekman & Bon Iver
Friday: Broken Social Scene (!!!!!!)

I'm excited about all of these, but especially excited to see Bon Iver for the first time and BSS again. I'm also getting more into DJ-ish kinds of stuff having been surrounded by electronic and techno music for the last year. Starting to dig some of it.

Speaking of music, my friend David Homyk is good at writing/making/producing it and a few of his songs are now available on iTunes. Go get'em.

2 comments:

kyle said...

not a bad schedule, kid. looks like you're learning. i'd be most excited about the jens/bon iver show probably. also, bon is on pitchfork tv: http://pitchfork.tv/live/bon-iver/lump-sum

pretty sweet.

Anonymous said...

yeah, but you are missing out on booka shade.