25 May 2008

x xx xxx

So there's apparently this unwritten continental modus operatus here associated with text messages and the number of x's included in the sign off. In brief:

x = You are my good friend or acquaintance.
xx = Today we might just be friends but I see you as a prospect in the long term and one of these days I'm going to make that obvious to you. If you can interpret this message and would like to make an advance at me I will not reject you.
xxx = I'm really into you now and you already know it.

As always, guys interpret things a little differently. To wit:

x = We're friends.
xx = Yeah I figured. The chase is on.
xxx = I'm really busy for the next few weeks, and then I'm going on some trips. I'll let you know when things slow down and I'm back in town.

xx
er/uk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You just went from prospect to lost opportunity. XXX