01 May 2007

Schmandon

Got a haircut last night. I like it. Afterwards I said that maybe next time I'll get a faux hawk. The woman didn't know what a faux hawk was so I explained it. She said "Oh, a fin."

(My friends and I were going to make a shirt once that said "Faux Hawk" on it under a picture of a hen.)

Later that night I found out that the full British name for a faux hawk is "Hoxton Fin", which was a coincidence because when I learned that I was eating in Hoxton Square. Later on I learned a name for another haircut: "The Disconnect". It's when they cut it really unevenly especially across the back and front.

They also call hair gel "wax".

Hosted my first guests at the 191 (my flat). The reviews were excellent. They're sure to be even better once I have things like (a) silverware and dishes; (b) another towel or two, maybe a washcloth; (c) a couple of chairs for outside on the patio and maybe a little grill.

Watching the second cold war right now on the tele. Russia v USA. Bloody Russians better not win it this time around. (Chelsea/Chelski is owned by a Russian billionaire and Liverpool was just purchased by two American dudes.)

1 comment:

Nathan said...

I think I've gotten wax in the states. Is it possible to get gel at all?