18 November 2007

Hi everyone!

I'm back. For the day. Tomorrow I'm off again for what will likely be my last work trip of the year. So Holland through Thursday (Thanksgiving unless you're working in the UK in which case it's just called Thursday).

Last week I was traveling with my good friend/former housemate/current work colleague Travis Geiser. Saturday we flew to Copenhagen. We were there for the weekend before heading to Dublin on Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday night we took the train to Galway, on the west coast of the Republic. After a night there we headed north on a long bus ride to [London/Free]Derry in Northern Ireland. Spent two nights there before ending the trip in Belfast.

Had a pretty good go of it, making the best of some pretty poor cold/wet weather. Copenhagen was especially cold but also pretty enjoyable. It's a really nice place; lots of attention on microbreweries and sausages. In the summer it'd be absolutely ace. Since it's noticeably not summer, we got snowed on there. Hard. Ireland was more just wet but also turned cold in the end. Fair bit of sightseeing and we stayed in some nicer places and also some pretty low grade ones. But then variety is the spice of life.

Recurring themes from the trip were (1) happening upon random Mexican restaurants and eating at them; (2) Elton John songs; (3) being cold and/or wet; (4) nearly being hit by rollerbladers (still incredibly popular among Eurotrash).

One awesome thing that happened during the trip was: the hostess at a restaurant asked me my surname. I said Sir Eric. Zing!

So tomorrow it's Amsterdam. I hope it's dry.

Back Friday.

No comments: