29 November 2007

I forgot I was supposed to die last week

During college I had a very vivid dream in which I learned that I would be dying on November 22nd of an undisclosed year. Looks like I'll be around for at least another year!

Typically towards the end of November, I start thinking about what I'll be doing on the 22nd, and whether any of those activities could end in tragedy. If I would've been thinking about it last week it would've been unnerving to realize that my day was filled with riding 4 trains and flying on a commuter jet. And spending the entire day with people I don't really know and half of it in a different country. But then again the Dutch are so kind.

Anyhoo, glad to have that behind me and know that I'm invincible until next year.

By the way in the dream I was shot in the back by an unknown shooter while leaning into the back seat of a parked car. My mom was sitting in the passenger's seat looking right at me, so she may know something I don't. Not sure who was in the driver's seat either. But I distinctly remember looking down and seeing a bullet emerge from my chest and knowing that that was it. And then I remember dying in my dream and it being complete peace.

This is kind of related -- if you've ever had one of those dreams where you just fall and fall... the rumor is that you always wake up before you land. Well not so for my dad. He lands all the time.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

strikebreaker

Unknown said...

that's bollocks mate. i got my 5 required responses, whether by email or comments.

the blog was nearly taken over by a scab though. that would've been difficult to recover from.