21 April 2007

Bollocks

Just had a whole post written on the London Marathon and my own experiences running, and I somehow lost it. I'll put it up tomorrow. (The London Marathon is tomorrow which is the reason the subject came up.)

Couple of random thoughts/notes just so your visit wasn't a complete loss:

1. Half Nelson, a movie starring Ryan Gosling, who I don't really like, came out to pretty great reviews here. Not sure when it came out in the States. Soundtrack is original music by Broken Social Scene which means it's probably great. Anyone checked it out?

2. Speaking of films, just finished up my screenplay, tentatively named For the Birds. Or at least got it really really close to send off. I think it's good but who knows. Whatever it was fun to write.

3. Great Arsenal v Tottenham game this morning. For those of you unfamiliar with the rivalry, I live near Arsenal and am an Arsenal fan. Tottenham is like one mile away. Both (North) London clubs. They hate each other. Great game despite the ending.

4. I think I'm going to this party tonight: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU9CTfR15GI. The birthday boy, Jose, is Venezuelan, and everytime he says "Venezuela", it sounds like "Minnesota". That's probably why he's in a Facebook group called: "Where are you from?", "Venezuela", "oh..Minnesota!", "NO...VENEZUELA!!!"

5. The title of this post, "Bollocks", can be roughly translated to mean "Balls". It's a more vulgar version of "Shucks", and a less vulgar version of "FA", which is an acronym for something. Interesting that the phrase "The dog's bollocks" means that something is out-of-this-world fantastic. These Britons love to swear and are quite good at it. Very creative. At the end of the game today a fairly harmless looking woman let off a stream that gained her a great deal of respect by most in attendance. I didn't really understand most of it and only remember that at some point the words "shabby", "crabby" and "bastards" were sequenced.

No comments: