28 April 2007

Random sunshine

The weather here has been fantastic ever since I've arrived really. Apparently London fog is a big lie.

One thing I'm impressed by on a daily basis is the bike-riding skills of my fellow Londoners. They navigate bus lanes and confusing intersections fearlessly, avoid pedestrians and taxis with confidence and ease. I'm scared for them -- these men and women dressed in suits and sundresses. But they ride on in perfectly straight lines, never minding the double-decker bus that trails their rear wheel by only a few feet.

And lots of them do so while also talking on their mobiles.

Remember overalls? Saw someone wearing a pair the other day. I remember when I wanted some. Thankfully my mom said no and instead made me a fashionable pinkish-red jumpsuit from some sort of parachute material, which I proudly wore on the first day of 6th grade.

I've taken to wearing dock shoes every Saturday. I think the fact that I've already developed an obscure, potentially alienating habit officially puts me on the fast track towards being a reclusive hermit.

3 comments:

Mark and Hill said...

not to unabashedly display my fashion ignorance, but what exactly are dock shoes? are they like deck shoes? or docksiders? or something totally different?

Nathan said...

I think the your lack of London Fog might be a result of Global warming...

http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,2071999,00.html

Unknown said...

i think dock and deck are synonymous in this instance. so yeah. i'll show them to you in Va. they're awesome.