12 July 2007

MennoMeat

My friend Brad Miller and his new bride Jessica started a website for Mennonites who like swinging. It's called www.MennoMeet.com, but I like to call it MennoMeat.

And actually swingers are not allowed -- it's strictly for singles. Apparently you're not even allowed to be a member if you just want to meet Mennonites because we make good friends or because you want to trade recipes.

Anyhow, I think it's kind of amusing and a half-decent idea, even though my participation is sure to be tongue in cheek to some degree (because I live in London and I'm really immature and also because I am still a traditional non-virtual networking kind of guy when it comes to meeting the ladies).

That said I do love Mennonites. I love the fact that we have so much common sense and are so brilliant at cooking things and building things and the fact that we understand that we are citizens of the World and that possessions are overrated and stewardship is so obviously symbiotic and that loving is easier than judging and that peace and justice are more interesting than tabloids.

Oh and that we're humble. I especially love that.

4 comments:

Nathan said...

Haha that's awesome

Anonymous said...

I love the fact that you included yourself in the "We are brilliant at cooking"! Glad you had a fun trip--we finally got Jeremy to put the incredibles cape on--we told him he was Batman (he calls himself Batman--which he's never seen--or "naked boy"--usually when clothed--quite frequently these days).
Monica

Anonymous said...

Are you behind www.mennomeat.com?

Anonymous said...

Mennomeat.com is far more realistic and has much more potential. I'll post my meat there anytime!