05 July 2007

The wetter here is awful

If you didn't hear about the fantastically beautiful and warmest London April on record, you probably also haven't heard about the torrentially cloudy and rainiest June in London history either.

Well roundabout two weeks ago, I was thinking to myself: "It's mid-June. And I'm cold. It rains three times a day here. When is it going to get warmer for the love of all things good?"

And apparently I was thinking out loud because someone spoke back to me and said: "Remember those two really hot and sunny weeks in April? That was summer".

So I pretty immediately booked a trip to southern Portugal. I leave tomorrow morning and stay through next Tuesday. You won't hear from me again until I'm properly tanned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Eric ~ From Indianapolis / Cliff Dog sends my best to you...
I am not up to speed on Bloggs, but if you recieve this, this will be my first blogg reply ever..
Weather here is in the 80's, beautiful fluffy summer clouds. The 3rd and 4th of July we had a 'ton' of fireworks set off around the city.. You know that is in celebration of our independce from Canada I think ..
Not much news in the sports world, other than Larwance Central ( indy high schools ) two kids who went to Ohio St. --- because IU had Mike Davis issues at the time - went # 1 and #4 in the NBA draft. That is a first ...
I am sure you are up on cricket, and fox and hound hunts, but next week I will travel up to Chicago for my 1 x annual Cubbie game.. Cubs are making a move too !
Hope all is well Eric .. Be safe !
John