01 July 2007

No more fag time

Fags = cigarettes. So I'm only being insensitive to smokers despite the title worthy of Fox News.

As you may remember from my 'July 1 is going to be the dog's bollocks post', today the England-wide ban on cancer-sticks begins. This morning on my way to the gym an old man was standing outside of a pub smoking. And I kind of felt bad. Poor guy had probably been smoking at that pub for 50 years and now he has to go outside to get his fix. And while today is nice, if the last few weeks are any indication, he's going to get rained on a lot. So I was kind of sad for him but not really. This means I can stop dividing my clothes into "smoking" and "non-smoking" classes.

I'm predicting that in the coming weeks and months, I'll be somewhere and will find myself inexplicably content. And I'll wonder why I'm so happy, and I'll realize that it's because there is no smoke being blown in my face.

Other good news:

My 401k completely vested at work.
My good friend Allan Reesor-McDowell is in town for 36 hours starting today.
I'm going to Portugal (Algarve region -- Lagos and Faro) next Friday.
And then Madrid the next weekend.

1 comment:

kyle said...

smokeless bars are incredible. that's one thing i love about new york: now i only do laundry once every 2 months.