30 June 2007

London is the bomb

I was in Picadilly Circus and Trafalgar Square on Thursday night -- left by probably 11:30pm (they found the cars at 1:30 and 2am). Funny because this is a tourist area (Picadilly is London's answer to Times Square) and I don't go there often. But I was there Thursday and maybe I walked by one of the cars earlier in the night, or maybe I passed one of the suspects on the sidewalk. You never really know do you?

It's a big story in the news, but I really haven't heard people talking about it. At all. Everyone just gets on with it. They're practical and pragmatic almost to a fault. But it's kind of interesting to see an almost opposite reaction to scares here. Not much as far as changes in routine; no one proposing a radical campaign or promotion. No ribbons. Then again I guess nothing actually happened so it's probably not fair to compare and contrast too much.

Might go to a Bollywood party tonight.

2 comments:

Bee Rad said...

I wondered how close you were to Picadilly. Glad to hear you're ok--Along with everyone else.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like London was much bigger news here. Matt Lauer was reporting there for the concert for Diana and along with the prime minister change and attempted bombing, London was the only thing being discussed on the Today show Friday.