26 June 2007

Elevenses

Great discovery today: elevenses.

This is recognized as an acceptable daily recurrence which means: snacking -- to the point of eating a small meal -- at around 11am.

I'm always thrilled to work non-standard meals into my schedule. That's why I'm such a fan of Spain and the whole siesta tapas-and-beer in the mid-afternoon thing. I already regularly celebrate "second-breakfast" before I go to bed, which results in a sort of 6-tiered approach to eating:

8:30am: breakfast: cereal. or a granola bar.
11am: elevensies! will prob consist of a croissant or bagel or something.
1pm: lunch... soup and half sandwich or a panini.
6:30pm: supper: peanut butter & jelly on a bap. or some pasta. (*gym days only)
9:30pm: dinner: another panini or some pizza or pasta.
11:30: second-breakfast: cereal. sometimes cheese.

With my new swimming regime (the one where I act like I know how to swim laps, but usually take a break and rest after each length because I'm breathing so hard), I need every one of these calories. Last night I swam 7 laps, and afterwards I was so tired I could barely stand. On my walk home I looked like a 3-year old or a drunk (3-year olds and drunks walk in the exact same manner). I think maybe my mechanics are off.

*on many non-gym days supper is substituted by a loaf of bread known as Guinness. And the gym is replaced by some sort of dancing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks rodrigo. helpful that.