01 June 2007

To regret or forget

Was it worth it? I'm tired of revisiting things. I'll let my readers decide.

PRO
1. Got a few t-shirts that I really like.
2. Was introduced to Broken Social Scene (at present my favorite band) and the joys of oysters and soft-shell crab.
3. Know better what I want and don't want, like and don't like. And know better in general.
4. Had impetus for a quick escape which landed me on another continent. You may have heard of it. It's called Europe and apparently it's pretty interesting.

CON
1. Kind of sold out (went to an Eagles v Redskins game, hung out with a dog, experienced a few other social and spiritual dilemmas).
2. Developed a resentment for Subaru Outbacks that doesn't seem to be going away.
3. Afterwards, I connected on an emotional level with some really awful pop songs.
4. Temporary but debilitating heartbreak.

That last one may be inaccurate. I don't know if there's a word that could replace heartbreak that means "to be confused and upset that I couldn't figure out what happened and what should've happened and why I didn't fix/change/end things earlier and why I was so inarticulate and lame in the aftermath and why I was more consumed with figuring it all out afterwards than I ever was while it was going on". If there is a word that means that, I'm 3/4 of the way through the dictionary and haven't found it yet.

Whatever. I'm curious to see what you think. In the meantime I'm going to go out this weekend and try to do it all over again.

No comments: