24 July 2007

Sorry for being redundant again

I just realized that I alluded to things 'getting better' in each of the last two posts. I must really be on a good trajectory right now.

Other things I've realized recently:

1) That in regards to ironing shirts, it's too bad that the easiest part to iron is the back, which really accomplishes the least.

2) That people who can fold fitted sheets flat will always impress me.

(I'm in some sort of domestication phase.)

3) That HBO's new show Flight of the Conchords -- which I've seen two episodes via iTunes -- is absolutely brilliant. If I could be anything in the world, I would be the writer for a show like that... well actually I would have a show on NPR's global equivalent (PRI) -- a sort of variety show (Garrison Keillor/This American Life combo) with skits and story telling and music and it would bring out our similarities and heal the world. And then second to that I would be in a band like Arcade Fire or Broken Social scene. But thirdly I would want to write a hilarious TV show or movie. I did write a movie, I'm just not sure how hilarious it is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric ~
Hello from Indy ! Tell that Bernie Ecelstoney he can take his F-1 race to India , I guess they want to pay him more than what this US market has to offer .. Anyway, this is the Brickyard weekend .. You remember~ the good old boys roll into town this weekend...
Hope all is well with you !
I personally think you should give a sitcom a shot .. You can do it !
Take care ~ please be safe .
cliff dog

Unknown said...

that's funny - I dislike Bernie for other reasons. He's talking about buying my favorite soccer/football club here: Arsenal. Even though no one wants him to and he cheers for one of our biggest rivals!

Unknown said...

I'm a big fan of episodes 3 & 4...hiphopopotamus vs. rhymenoceros for one... hilarious. I was happy to see you give it a mention! London in June? I'm an early planner.

Unknown said...

next june? wowsers. uh, yeah i'll be here.