14 March 2007

Big pond, lots of fish

My non-Facebooking readers are likely unaware of the following: I have only been to 8% of the world. I'm not proud of it, but it's true. See for yourself.

If you considered me a world traveler, you were wrong. As much as I'd like to have the frequent flier miles of a dignitary or a diplomat, I do not. I'm hoping to make a pretty big dent in Europe over the next few months, but even the whole of Europe doesn't really even measure up with ... I dont know -- Russia, Greenland ...

To assess your progress as a cosmopolite, go here: www.world66.com/myworld66/visitedCountries

There's also a version for the States, which is sure to make us all feel a little more road weary: www.world66.com/myworld66/visitedStates

Finally, for another way to view yourself in the context of the world, check out this site: www.globalrichlist.com. Enter your annual income and see how you rank. You'll probably be impressed with yourself. The fact that you have a computer to login and read this puts you in the top 1% of the world's population.

Now go to bed and think about how you can start being a better person when you wake up in the morning.

No comments: