27 March 2007

Dear %$*^€"&(£!

Dear Apple,

Thanks for finally fixing my MacBook. I'll pick it up today on my way home from work. I agree with your assessment: buying a brand new computer and then not being able to turn it on was an unusual problem. And having to get it fixed instead of just replaced since I bought it in New York and now live in London was a bit of a hassle! Hopefully next time I spend two thousand dollars in your store, I'll have the good sense to pick one out that works. My bad!

I enjoy your commercials.

Love,
Eric



Dear Sainsbury's,

I'm new to London, so forgive me for not knowing how UK grocers operate. That said, those pizzas I bought said "Buy 1 Get 1 Free" pretty clearly right on the box. I guess I learned my lesson -- just because there is a sign that says "Buy 1 Get 1 Free", which the actual product packaging confirms, there's still some work to be done in order to actually reap the rewards of that deal when paying. My cashier was very insistent in this instance that "This is not the one that's for sale. That one is gone." Thanks for clarifying! And sorry for holding up the line.

Love,
Eric


P.S. My Tesco MVP card should be arriving any day now.


And Happy Birthday mom!

2 comments:

djressler said...

Eric, once you get that Tesco card, USE IT UP. I love Tesco.

I would particularly recommend the Tesco Spicy Bean Burgers in the cold food section (they are to die for in my humble opinion), as well as their amazing fresh mozzerella balls in their lovely cheese section.

Though, be forewarned: you must go into one of the BIG Tescos for all these fabulous culinary treats; the Tesco express just doesn't cut it. At all.

Say hi to London for me...I miss her. -Daniele

Unknown said...

yes i love tesco too, who cares about the environment, local communities and people, when we have such low prices, hooray! I love walmart too :)