20 March 2007

Random (a)musings

One of these days I'm going to not Mind The Gap. I don't even want to think about it.

In retrospect, I should've packed less hats and more shoes.

Speaking of shoes -- it's basically impossible to wear a pair over here that will get a second look from anyone. There is simply no shoe that goes too far.

Last week I visited Edinburgh. Scotland has the most redheads in the world per capita. Scottish people also consume the most beer in the world by the same measure. I was neither a redhead nor a drunk when I got locked on the rooftop garden of my hotel and had to be rescued after being spotted in the security camera.

Another interesting fact about Scotland -- in the early 1900s they were the tallest of all Europeans, on average. 20 years later their average height had declined by 9 inches. War = what is it good for?

Scotland also has really clean drinking water which they sell throughout the UK (London included). This fact, in combination with the above tidbit on alcohol consumed per person, has resulted in the expected amount of jokes regarding London's drinking water and the destination of Scotland's collective urine supply.

I tried haggis and I would recommend it.

No comments: