28 March 2007

Jiminy

The World Cup is on. The Cricket World Cup. I've actually been paying attention in the hopes of figuring out the rules. They're down to eight teams, which they call The Super Eights. That's so lame that they have a name for when there are eight teams left. We would never do that.

I think I generally understand the game now and I like watching the highlights. All I know is, I'll never coach the Pakistani team. Their coach got MURDERED. DURING THE TOURNAMENT.

At first they thought it was a heart attack. But then they decided he was strangled. Possibly by a hitman, but then there were no signs of forced entry so it could've BEEN A PLAYER (or at least someone he knew). Geez. Apparently there has always been an undercurrent of potential match-fixing in Cricket, and this may have had something to do with that.

The other day I was trying to explain Cricket to another American and I realized I sounded like a 5 year old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God, Eric, I love your blog. I can hear your voice! London in May!!! - Andrea