26 March 2007

Google me

And then Google yourself.

It's something that's great to do in your downtime or just during your regular stalking hours. How else could I have found out that in 1999 my dad won 2 ounces of pure silver bullion in a drawing at a conference?

Of my results, my favorites are:

1. Esquire Magazine (my submission was published in the 1 June, 2003 issue in the "9 Most Remarkable Things in Culture this Month" column, as #3: Best Free Idea Sent to Esquire):

Two sets of Siamese twins fall in love with the twin who, with the sets facing one another, is diagonal.

A bit blue perhaps, but it really would be an interesting and sad phenomenon. Also nice to know that just a few years ago I was one of the most remarkable things in culture, if only for a month.


2. BusinessWeek (they called my company for a quote on how banks would come out after the Hurrican Katrina disaster):

"From a bank's perspective...it's good economically in the same paradoxical way that a war is good economically for a lot of people," says bank research analyst Eric ________ of SNL Financial in Charlottesville, Va. "Natural disasters historically have been a boon for banks because they'll be lending and speeding up the processing of loans."

I just like that I used a war analogy and used the word paradoxical correctly. Also, this article was translated into German. And so was my quote:

"Naturkatastrophen wirken für die Bankenbranche immer als Segen. Sie kurbeln das Geschäft mit Krediten an."

Brilliant. I know German.


3. Damien Rice's website (the Eric ________ Collection):


Great artist. Great taste in photographs of himself and his band mates.


4. CNNsi.com (letter to the editor, in reference to several incidents during the 2003 baseball season when fans stormed the field only to get beat up by the players):

"It's too bad nothing will be done about removing these unruly fans and players. The reason: If you take them all away you've got no one left."

I hate baseball. In retrospect I wish I would've been a touch meaner.


5. Blogs -- several of them, with several results.

My brother's fantastic music blog:
http://cemusic.blogspot.com
My friend Brad's fantastic random musings blog:
http://millerphoto.blogspot.com
My other friend Brad's fantastic travel (b)log:
http://bradhoffmanphoto.blogspot.com
My blog (not sure how this even came up since I've intentionally tried not put my full name on it anywhere in the interest of future employment:
http://er-uk.blogspot.com


If you really feel like going all out, maybe try a Google Image search of yourself. If you try one with my name you're in for a treat.

And if your name didn't return any results, maybe it's time to start putting yourself out there a little more, you know?

No comments: